My new studio mood board

Last weekend was hard rubbish collection day in our neck of the woods, so we jumped at the opportunity to rip out the very daggy and uninspiring grey faux marble laminex built in desk and equally unattractive faux walnut timber drawers that completely overfilled the room with poorly thought out storage. (Do you get the idea that I despised the office?). Well now it's a much more loveable space. Even in it's empty state, it's larger, brighter and has the same appeal as a blank canvas to an artist. And let me tell you, I have some plans... Here are a few images I've been collecting around the place as my inspiration...
This is fundamentally very similar to my space with it's big bright windows and timber floors. I'll be needing to satisfy my obsession with grey, and I find a cool grey is a great remedy to balance a pine floor that tends to lean into the orange range of tones, so grey feature walls are definitely on the agenda. Loving the lamby casually thrown over the chair too. Very Swedish...

Ooh, how well does the industrial theme go? Need those lights! But I've been doing a bit of research already into these and have quickly discovered that any search on eBay including the word "industrial" = big bucks... Never discouraged by small hurdles I have come up with a genius solution (which my husband actually laughed at when I told him) that I will tell you all about when it's done. 


This one's all about bench love. The desk we ripped out so joyously was enormous - it took up half the width of the room - so it's replacement will be narrow and it looks like I'm going to have to take a shot at building it myself. My parents recently replaced their boundary fences so they have piles of silvered hardwood waiting to be repurposed, and I believe I have just the job for them...


More industrial light and narrow recycled timber bench love...


I have such a big crush on these replica Eames chairs but I think they're a bit overused and uninspired so I'll be using something else here - still, had to include this shot because I do love the look of them so much - it's about those legs and white curves!


Open shelving is an absolute must for me. Between my creative pursuits for Noosh, my projects for the NooshLoves blog and my day job at Home Beautiful magazine it's really important for me to be surrounded by things I love. If my shelves are adorned with beauty equal to this shot I'll be creating out some great work for you to enjoy!


Love love love the wall lamp!


Colour palette, light fitting, raw concrete floors...


Colour palette, LAMP, industrial stool...

Are you building a mental image of where I'm going with this? I hope so... Now I want you to remember it and when I show you the end result (in the hopefully not too distant future) you can tell me if I did ok or not...


3 comments:

  1. With such fabulous inspirational images and your creative genius how could the new study possibly not look marvellous! Can't wait to find out what your enamel light plan is....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man i'm so down with your moodboard today. Have you seen Est magazine's latest issue...think you would like.

    I think we could be design twins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh!!!!! Thanks for the Est tip Tracey! I'd heard about it but hadn't ventured over to take a look yet - It's divine! And yes, definitely design twins... Can't wait till this room is done! x

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for visiting.x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...